The EFM (Electronic Flow Meter) Emerson ROC module is a protocol driver for the Ignition OPC UA module, by Inductive Automation. It communicates with Emerson ROC and ROC Plus flow computers, formerly Fisher ROC. This includes, but not limited to, FloBoss 100 Series and ROC 800 series. By using the EFM Emerson ROC Module on the Ignition platform the Emerson ROC EFM data is polled and made available as tags within the OPC browser.
EFM Emerson ROC Module uses T,L,P addresses to access data from standard and custom applications running on the flow computer. With the ability to load custom TLP libraries into the protocol module, custom configurations can be created and quickly replicated across entire populations of deployed devices.
The EFM Emerson ROC Module also polls and gathers Alarm, Event and QTR (Quantitative Transaction Records) records for onward transmission to the enterprise or other flow calculation services.
More information including installation instructions can be found in the links below.
- Cirrus Link Module Installation
- Step by step instructions to install modules into Ignition
- Emerson ROC Driver Configuration
- Configuration guide for the Emerson ROC Driver
- Device Connection Configuration
- Configuration guide for Emerson ROC OPC UA Device Connection
- Emerson ROC Driver Tutorials / HowTo's
- Tutorials and howtos covering installation, configurations, and usage of Emerson ROC Driver
- TLP Definitions and EFM Mapping CSV Formats
- TLP and EFM mapping file formats and downloadable files
- Creating Device Connections with Ignition Scripting
- Definitions for properties required