The MQTT Distributor Module is an MQTT server, compliant with the 3.1.1 MQTT protocol OASIS standard. It enables MQTT clients to securely connect, publish, and subscribe data, supplying data to both operational and business applications throughout the enterprise.
Enabling MQTT Distributor in conjunction with the MQTT Engine Module provides the components for a self-contained Message-Oriented Middleware (MOM) infrastructure from one Ignition gateway. This combination delivers the requirements for IIoT solutions and wide-area SCADA applications such as oil and gas pipeline controls solutions. It is ideal for situations where there are restricted or high-cost communications such as in VSAT or cellular connectivity. This solution is also highly effective for increasing the data throughput for high-performance plant-floor solutions.
More information including installation instructions can be found in the links below.
- Cirrus Link Module Installation
- Step by step instructions to install modules into Ignition
- MQTT Distributor Configuration
- Configuration guide for the MQTT Distributor module
- MQTT Distributor Tutorials/Howtos
- Tutorials and howtos covering installation, configurations, and usage of MQTT Distributor
- MQTT Distributor Videos
- Video tutorials and howtos covering installation, configurations, and usage of MQTT Distributor