With the MQTT Engine Module, polling at the host is no longer necessary; this solution uses edge gateways pushing the proprietary protocol polling to the edge of the SCADA network, creating one pipeline for all data, increasing throughput and efficiencies of data acquisition throughout an enterprise. This solution is especially useful for wide-area SCADA applications such as oil and gas pipeline controls and solutions with restricted or high-cost communications like VSAT or cellular.
More information including installation instructions can be found in the links below.
- Cirrus Link Module Installation
- Step by step instructions to install modules into Ignition
- MQTT Engine Configuration
- Configuration guide for the MQTT Engine module
- MQTT Engine Tutorials/Howtos
- Tutorials and howtos covering installation, configurations, and usage of MQTT Engine
- MQTT Engine Videos
- Video tutorials and howtos covering installation, configurations, and usage of MQTT Engine
- MQTT Engine Python Scripting
- Documentation on the MQTT Distributor module scripting API